Advertise here for 25 US Dollars a month. Interested people send an email to [email protected]
The most awaited music album of the year "Lingaa" released on 16th November 2014. AR Rahman has composed music for this Superstar Rajinikanth's Lingaa Album.
Let me tell the review in short:
On first listen i never liked and disappointed(except mono gasolina which i felt was average)
On second listen i felt the songs are average and will not suit rajinikanth(except mono gasolina which i felt was above average)
On third listen, i felt the songs (en mannava, indianae va and unmai vellum) were composed to match the movie's theme and it will be nice on visuals.
On fourth listen, i liked the title song Oh Nanba. The song is nicely mixed with retro feel and club mix. Very youthful and peppy number. SPB's voice adds more power to this song. This is a first of its kind song for superstar.
On fith listen, i fell in love with all songs and going crazy on all songs now.
Wow! what a man ar rahman is? He does it every time. His music is slow poison for sure. The more i disliked his songs on first listen, the more i love his songs after multiple listen. Lingaa is not an exception.
Now let me say something about each song:
1) Oh Nanba - The song is rendered by SP Balasubramanian and the rap portions are rendered by Aryan Dinesh(magudi magudi of kadal fame). The song is a perfect blend of retro style with club mix. This is first of its kind genre for Rajinikanth. The song is very peppy and youthful. If the visuals are great, no doubt this will be a rage hit. The credit goes to Vairamuthu for powerful lyrics.
2) En Mannave - This is a classical duet for rajinikanth and sonakshi sinha (for the period era before indepence). This song is rendered by Srinivas and Aditi Paul. Again the lyrics are written by vairamuth. It is a beautiful melody.
3) Indianae Vaa - It is again a powerful song with powerful lyrics by vairamuthu. AR Rahman rendered this song and his voice gives us goose bumps. It is based on the movie's theme. This is a very inspirational song. One of the best montage numbers.
4) Mono Gasolina - Very funky, peppy and experimental song from AR Rahman. No one would have even thought of such composition (and that too for rajinikanth). Very different kind of song. Mano, Neeti Mohan and Tanvi shah have rendered this song. Mano's style of singing has taken this song to a very different level. Mano has shown lot of variation in this song and his modulation should be applauded. Mano is the king of this song. AR Rahman has proved his genius and magic in this song once again. This is a sure shot chart buster. It is an instant hit. Very different kind of song. Again first of its kind in tamil cinema. Hats off to AR Rahman for coming up with these kinda songs. The funky lyrics are written by Madhan Karky. He has done a great job..
5) Unmai Oru Naal Vellum - Again a background score kind of song. The song is rendered by Haricharan. The lyrics are by vairamuth. This song is in the genre of (vidukathaiyaa from muthu). Should be perfect on visuals. This is a perfect emotional montage song.
Over all the songs are very experimental and nice. Rajini's movies never had these kind of experimental songs earlier. The credit goes to AR Rahman for such wonderful songs for rajinikanth. Hope the visuals will do justice for these beautiful songs.
My verdict - Experimental Hit
My score - 3.75/5
You have to login to reply. Click here to register for a free account, if you do not have an account yet.